Stratified Wisconsin American Ginseng Seed - [Limited Supply Available]

Wisconsin Grown Ginseng

Sale price $8.24 Regular price $659.99
Orders Over $100 Ship Free! 
Join Our Email for 10% Off!

Ginseng seeds are now available for fall 2022 planting!

Premium quality stratified American Ginseng (Panax quinquefolius) seeds hand picked in Central Wisconsin, USA.  Our ginseng seeds are stratified washed and floated to remove non-viable seeds.  Please note, not all seeds will be viable.  Expect about a 70%-80% rate of germination over the spring of 2023, depending on growing conditions. 

These seeds have been stratified which is a process of burying the seeds in sand and allowing them to freeze during the winter.  This will allow the seeds to germinate once they are planted.  In order to keep the seeds viable, keep them cool and moist in a bucket or other container and flip them daily to give them air until the time of planting.  Plant before the end of the 2022 planting season. 

To learn how to plant and care for ginseng seeds, check out our page about growing ginseng. 

All of our products are locally produced in Central Wisconsin and shipped directly from our family owned farm. 

Related Products

Customer Reviews

Based on 47 reviews
Nathan Warren
Late season seeds

I order ginseng seeds early this year and they were in good shape. I received a promotion for a sale on seeds a couple of weeks ago and I order some more and they were dried out and a decent number of them were just hallow husks.

Hello Nathan,
I am so sorry to hear that you received seed from us that was less than acceptable. When we take out our seed, we flip and water it daily to maintain moisture. Our seed came out at 96% viable this year. The other 4% is floated out.

Customer satisfaction is very important to us and I will process a full refund immediately.

Again, our sincere apologies that you were disappointed in your order.

Take care,
Andy and Laurie, WGG

Very kind, very helpful

I don't mind a long wait for a strong product, but in this case, the package was lost along the way somewhere with the USPS. After contacting the company, I received an email about an hour afterwards to let me know a replacement package had already been sent--with tracking number, at no cost to me as a buyer. That is quality on many levels.

Thank you for your great service and product.

Hello Christopher,
Thank you so much for this wonderful review. You are so kind.
Take care and be well,
Laurie, WGG

John Coyle
Thank you, Wisconsin Grown Ginseng!

Laurie (owner) was so nice, understanding, and super patient to work with me by phone to get our ginseng seeds rush-shipped in time for us to plant! She so nicely answered all of my annoying newbie questions, even while so busy with their ongoing harvesting. They clearly care about the grower and go out of their way to support customers. I'll send pics in the spring when our new plants have shot up to the sky. Thank you!

Hello John,
Ah, you are so kind. I'm happy to hear that your seeds arrived in time to plant. Call anytime with planting/growing questions - we're happy to help. We'd love it if you can send us pictures of your 'garden' and new seedlings next spring. You can text them to (715) 737-9191.

Take care and be well,
Laurie, WGG

Ruby Glenn

Shipping was quick and seeds look really good.

Hello Ruby,
Thank you so much for this review! We appreciate it. Happy planting!
Take care and be well,
Laurie, WGG

Robert Urbanowski
Did not receive

Tracked the order, said they were delivered but weren’t in my mailbox, so can’t honestly rate you guys. Ty anyway

Hello Robert,
I am so sorry to hear that there was an issue with the delivery of your seed order. Have you checked with your local carrier to see if he/she remembers leaving your package? We take our customer satisfaction very seriously and it is very frustrating when someone doesn't receive our product(s) because of something out of our control. Unfortunately, once an order leaves our farm, we rely on the postal system to get it to you.

Take care,
Laurie, WGG