Click the image above to load the video!
American ginseng root slices are perfect way to make ginseng a part of your daily routine. Ginseng slices are useful because they can be chewed and consumed right away without any further preparation. Once the roots are cut, the slices can be dried and stored for over a year in an airtight container in the cupboard. While ginseng slices are great, finding high quality ginseng root slices can be difficult. The best way to know you are getting ginseng slices made from high quality ginseng roots it to buy authentic Wisconsin ginseng roots and slice them yourself. You can also purchase pre-cut ginseng slices directly from our family owned farm here!
American ginseng roots that have been properly dried are very hard and almost impossible to slice. In order to slice dried ginseng, it is recommended that you first steam the roots until they are soft enough to easily slice with a sharp kitchen knife. Just follow the 4 easy steps below to make your own ginseng slices.
Steps to Slice Dried Ginseng Roots:
- Heat 2-3 inches of water in a pot until boiling
- Place dried ginseng roots in a vegetable steamer over the pot of boiling water
- Cover the vegetable steamer and steam the roots for:
- 5-10 minutes for small roots
- 15-20 minutes for medium roots
- 20-25 minutes for large roots
- 25-30 minutes for jumbo roots
- Remove the roots from the vegetable steamer and chop using a sharp knife
Are you looking for a ceramic ginseng cooker for steaming ginseng roots? Check out this one from The Wok Shop!
← Older Post
Newer Post →